This item was posted on March 1, 2011, and it was categorized as Climate Central, Tom Yulsman.

If you’ve been a regular reader of CEJournal, you’ve probably noticed that I’ve been gone for awhile. I should have hung a ‘gone fishin’ sign here to let people know where I was at . . .

Well, actually, I am on sabbatical from teaching at the University of Colorado. This has given me a fabulous opportunity to work on a number of projects that are bigger and more time-consuming than the blog, including a series of features for Climate Central (one of which I will be cross-posting here later today). I’m also working on a major Web site project. (More about that when there is something substantive to report.) And to be honest, I’ve been trying to unplug just a little from the reactive, Twitter mind-set and think about issues in a more deliberative way.

Oh, there’s also running. The spring racing season is just around the corner…

But as the headline says, I’m back. I may not post something every single day, but it’s my intention to get back into a regular rhythm here at CEJournal. I hope to see you here!

– Tom

1. spyder
    Posted March 3, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

Do you know Steve Bremer, a fellow Coloradoan who runs most of the tough and grueling races? He is one of the good guys.

2. Susan Anderson
    Posted March 4, 2011 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Great you’re working with ClimateCentral. Will look for your stuff there. Glad you’re back.

3. Posted March 4, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

Will have to check him out! How do you know him?

4. Posted March 4, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Thanks Susan!

5. spyder
    Posted March 4, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

I met him on Facebook actually, but have become authentic friends. He ran 20 marathons in 2009, and continues to do the American River 50 each year.

6. Posted March 4, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

Spyder: I run very hard, but not quite enough miles to do marathons competitively. I stick to half marathons and below. Bremer sounds totally hard core!

7. Posted March 7, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Something serious. There are a whole bunch of folk out there trying to tell science types that they suck at communicating and they have to do this (insert majic wand) or that (insert wild assed guess) but no one is talking to the media and saying that they have to find a better way of communicating science results (actually, that is not the problem IEHO) or communicating the way scientists think about and do things and come to conclusions (the problem). The simplification dumbing down of the process makes every blogger think they are Galileo, if not Einstein, and every strange paper a new Nobel Prize winner.

Seems to Eli that is a place where you could get traction (have read the CO2 piece), but as much as the Randy Olsons and Keith Kloors are trying to put the burden on scientists, it more properly, or at least equally belongs with the journalists.

8. Posted March 7, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

Eli: To borrow the title from Firesign Theater’s first album, “I think we’re all bozos on this bus.”